Apple enthusiasts and tech aficionados eagerly anticipate the tech giant’s annual September event, set to unveil the much-anticipated iPhone 15. Here’s everything you need to know about the event, its date, and what to expect.
When is the Apple Event?
Apple’s “Wanderlust” event is scheduled for Tuesday, September 12, 2023, starting at 10 AM PT (6 PM BST). Traditionally lasting about an hour, the event will be held at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
How to Watch the Event:
- You can watch the live stream on Apple’s official YouTube channel.
- Tune in via the Apple website.
- Access it through the Apple TV app.
iPhone 15 Release Details
Apple is expected to unveil not just one, but four new models: the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. Here’s a glimpse of what we anticipate:
1. Charging Port Upgrade: In compliance with new EU standards aimed at reducing electronic waste, Apple will replace its lightning port with a standard USB-C.
2. Bezel Changes: The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus are expected to feature a “dynamic island” bezel, replacing the notch seen in previous models.
3. Design Enhancements: Pro models may sport titanium frames, slimmer bezels, and subtly curved edges, while the Ultra version may feature periscope lens technology for improved camera zoom.
4. Modem Chips: Apple may opt for Qualcomm modem chips for these devices, as its in-house modem chips are still in development.
5. Color Options: Rumors suggest new colors, including dark pink and light blue, alongside the standard black, white, and PRODUCT(RED) options.
6. Face ID Continues: Contrary to some speculations, iPhone 15 is likely to retain Face ID rather than revert to touch ID.
7. Pricing: While exact pricing remains unknown, early reports hint at a launch price similar to the iPhone 14.
What Else to Expect
In addition to the iPhone lineup, Apple might announce:
1. Apple Watch Series 9: While not expected to feature major changes, the new watches will come with watchOS 10, offering new apps and face options.
2. Apple Watch Ultra (2nd Generation): A larger, custom-built display is planned for a significant hardware update in 2024.
3. Vision Pro: Apple’s mixed-reality headset, initially announced in June, may receive further updates or details during the event.
4. New AirPods: The possibility of a new set of AirPods with a USB-C charging port, aligned with the new iPhones, is circulating in the rumor mill.
Stay tuned for comprehensive coverage of Apple’s “Wanderlust” event on September 12th as we bring you all the latest updates and insights.