Tech enthusiasts and PC builders, mark your calendars! Intel’s highly anticipated 14th-gen CPUs are just around the corner, and the excitement is palpable. With a sneak peek into what’s in store, here’s what you need to know about the impending launch.
- Launch Date: Intel’s 14th Gen Raptor Lake Refresh processors are primed to hit the market on October 17, with early reviews scheduled for October 16.
- Lineup: The initial release will include the i9 14900K, i7 14700K, and i5 14600K, alongside their iGPU-less KF counterparts. The 65W non-K models are expected to follow shortly after, possibly coinciding with CES in January.
What to Expect
- i9 14900K: For the power-hungry enthusiasts, this CPU promises the highest clock speeds and core count in the lineup. If architectural changes are in play, it could outperform the i9 13900KS.
- i7 14700K: Doubling the core count from 8 to 16, the i7 14700K offers an enticing blend of performance without the power and heat concerns of its high-end sibling.
- i5 14600K: Although the core count remains the same, a frequency bump positions the i5 14600K as a top-notch gaming CPU, potentially overshadowing its predecessor, the i5 13600K.
Intel’s Innovation event, commencing on September 19 in San Jose, promises insights into desktop plans, alongside discussions on AI, enterprise solutions, and Meteor Lake. A hard launch date is expected to be unveiled.
Anticipating the new CPU lineup, motherboard manufacturers are readying updated models with WiFi 7, enhanced USB ports, and USB 4 support. These boards will offer improved memory overclocking and better high-density module support. Existing LGA 1700 boards will seamlessly accommodate the new chips with a simple BIOS update.
PC Gamer will be diligently testing and reviewing these CPUs as soon as embargo restrictions are lifted, so you can make an informed choice for your next PC build.